Monday, April 18, 2011

Welcome All

Welcome to Heavens Heroes "blog spot" everyone! First of all, big thanks to Tawny for setting this up for all of us. GREAT job Tawny!

Okay - I'm not sure exactly how my name will appear here...because I also have another blog I created in honor of and in memory of my dad - so, I am also "D-Day Daughter"! Now you all know! Just an "FYI" in case you all see that instead of Louise Doucette Johnson :) It looks like the two might be tied in.

My first thought here is to thank all of you that followed Janet and I from Soldiers Angels to create our own place to pay homage to all our troops that have paid the ultimate price of freedom for us with their lives. I don't think that there is anyone that will dispute the fact that our goal is to focus on supporting the families and loved ones that these brave men and women have left behind.

I won't speak for Janet, although I think I know her well enough by now to say that her decision to leave SA after all her years of volunteering with them plus her 22+ years in the Air Force, was not a decision she made very easily let alone the anxiety, stress and loss of sleep that went into that decision. But - that was then and this is now :-) For me, I wanted a place where I could simply focus at the tasks at hand -- supporting our fallen heroes and their families without all the distractions of idle "high school" gossip. We have the options to make this exactly what we'd like to have and as detailed as we'd like. It's up to us. If anyone has any suggestions or comments always know you can pass them along to us because without you we won't grow.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter this weekend and if you're traveling, be safe! I will be flying back home to Boston, MA to spend it with my mom and three brothers this year!

Take care everyone!
Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments respectful, thank you