Monday, April 25, 2011

This Week I Say Goodbye...

This week a Fallen Hero will be laid to rest. This fallen hero happens to be very near and dear to my heart as I knew him as a child. This week I will stand beside the family and friends not only as a faithful member of Heavens Heroes, but also as a mourner of the life now lost. I am, unfortunately, not able to attend the actual funeral but I will be there for the honor transfer, the visitation, and the burial. My heart weeps for the family, and also for myself. It will be hard to step into the church I grew up in to say goodbye to him.

Please keep the family and friends of Spc Joseph A. Kennedy in your thoughts and prayers.

I will probably post about my experiences this week at the end of the week when all is said and done.

Thank you to all of you who have reached out to show your support for his family as well as for me.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Tawny, So sorry to hear of the loss of your childhood friend. May your presence near Joseph's parents and family give them the strength to get through this difficult time.

    God bless you for your work on behalf of our soldiers. God bless Joseph for his selfless act of heroism, and God bless Joseph's family. May he send you all angels of comfort and compassion.

    Danielle Browning
    Heaven's Heroes

    danielle.browning@live.com
    www.facebook.com/danielle.browning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Danielle. It was very hard to go to the visitation today, but I know that all the support has helped the family so much through all of this. I still have to get through tomorrow, but I know I will regret it if I don't go.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments respectful, thank you